Friday, October 12

Sleep Would Be Nice...

Okay, so I'm a little less freaked out by midterms. My japanese midterms got moved around (was announced this morning) so instead of being piled one on top of the other in one day, they are now spread out across a three day period. This is much better.

This weekend, however, is my trip to Hiroshima and there's no way I'm giving that up for something as silly as a midterm. I'll bring my papers with me so maybe I'll study (even if only on the Shinkansen). I'm going to enjoy my trip, but I'm also anxiously awaiting next thursday when I can (hopefully) go home early and crash and burn from all the work. Also, I woke up this morning with a minor itch in my throat and it hasn't gone away yet. Bad sign... Am drowning in it water in hopes it doesn't fester into some horrible illness... Like strep. That would really suck right now. Especially since I can't miss the midterms for anything (short of hospitalization) and I don't know where I would go to get the strep meds, or even how much such things cost in Japan. Let's just hope and pray it's a sore throat. Still going to ask my host mother if she can find me some cough drops or something to take with me to Hiroshima. I REFUSE to get sick!!!

Am considering falling asleep in the Student Lounge (ha, that can't happen, Richard's way too loud to allow that) just to try and kill this before it turns into a real cold. Can't go home b/c I have a class. Oh, and it's the class that's going to Hiroshima, so more reason not to miss it.

I'll tell you all about Hiroshima when I get back!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda!!!

Yes, getting sick would be .....WRONG.... Don't do it!

Have fun this weekend!!!

Miss you and Love you,

Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

I really hope you don't get sick either...and I can't wait to hear how your Hiroshima adventure goes.

Sarah

Anonymous said...

No! Don't get sick! Take some vitamin C, if they have any and drink lots of fluids. Looking forward to hearing about Hiroshima